Thank you for participating in the UWCC second national survey of start-up co-operatives!
If you are sending us an existing report about cooperative incorporations between 2016 – 2019 in lieu of taking the survey, please include as much of the following information information as possible in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Name of Cooperative
- State (two letter abbreviation)
- Year of incorporation
- State where cooperative is incorporated (two letter abbreviation)
- If the cooperative was a conversion from an existing business
- Type of cooperative
- Producer: market, process, or purchase supplies for farmers or others producing goods for sale
- Shared services/purchasing: organizations buying goods or services together
- Multi-stakeholder: combining 2 or more of the above types of owners in one cooperative organization
- Cooperative business sector
- Agriculture: marketing, processing, farm supply
- Credit union
- Food service/restaurant
- Grocery: retail
- Mutual insurance
- Utility: water, energy, telecommunications
Include co-ops that began even if your organization was not directly involved, or even if the co-op is no longer active.
If you would like an Excel template with these headers or have any questions, e-mail Esther West at email@example.com.
Instead of sharing a report of co-op start-ups, you can also use the unique survey link sent to your organization.
Thank you again for your valuable participation.
The purpose of this survey is to compile a national database of cooperative start-up businesses and conversions that incorporated between 2016 – 2019. Visit the “Collective Action in Rural Communities” webpage to learn more about the broader project of this survey.