University of Minnesota, Land O’Lakes Member Relations, and the University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives will host a director leadership program January 4-5, 2024 in Mankato, MN.
Training topics will include:
- Strategic Planning and Thinking
- Board Advocacy and Communications
- The Changing Nature or Risk with Regards to Profitability
- Beyond the Board Assessment
- Industry Trends: Change is coming – are you ready?
- Perspectives from a GM: Top Ten Lessons from Working with My Board
- Ingredients for a Successful Board
This highlight interactive program will include small group exercises, case studies, peer learning, and extensive question and answer options with speakers. A variety of speakers will present, and the program will be facilitated by Professor Michael Boland of the University of Minnesota and Naomi Mangold, Senior Director, Land O’Lakes.
Who should attend: this training is developed for directors of agricultural cooperatives. Senior cooperative leadership is also welcome to attend.
Logistics and Regsitration
Training Location: Courtyard by Marriott, 901 Raintree Rd, Mankato, MN 56001 Map
Lodging: Courtyard by Marriott – Mankato
Room Rate: $144 per night plus tax
Attendees are responsible for making and paying for their own lodging arrangements with the hotel.
Reserving a Room:
- Room block rates are available until December 5, 2023.
- Individual attendee: $375/person
- Team rate (3 or more attendees from the same co-op) $325/person
The last day to register is December 20, 2023.
Registration includes: Lunch, Coffee Breaks, and Evening Reception on First Day, Continental Breakfast and Coffee Break on Second Day, and Educational Materials
Attendees are required to make their own lodging arrangements at the contracted hotel. Lodging costs are not included in the registration fee.