Co-hosted with Cooperative Network, the forum is designed for board members from all types of cooperatives. Directors will hear best practices from across the cooperative spectrum and learn how the board can best support their co-op’s success.
Winter 2019 Co-op Directors Forum
December 10, 2019, 9:30 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Compeer Financial, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
- Alternative Methods for Raising Capital
- Using Member Input to Inform Your Board Strategy
- Governance Challenges Within and Across Co-op Sectors
- Nuts and Bolts of Strategic Planning
Past topics include:
- Role of the board chair and other leadership positions
- Facilitating effective meetings
- Strategies of for good decision making processing and developing a more efficient board
- CEO review and succession planning
- Board evaluation best practices in board leadership
- Understanding & Communicating Co-op Financials
- Legal & Fiduciary Duties and Liabilities
- Governance Best Practice
- Cooperative Equity Management
- Risk Management at Your Cooperative: What Keeps you up at night?
- Board Recruitment and Succession Planning
- Leveraging External Expertise in the board room
- Economic Tradeoffs of Growth
- Thriving with a Changing Membership