In the spirit of cooperation during this public health crisis, we have compiled a list of resources of interest to the cooperative community.
The recent passage of the CARES Act provides cooperatives with several loans and support systems through the Small Business Association (SBA) including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPE), SBA Debt Relief, and other loans. The National Cooperative Business Association website provides a great deal of support in navigating SBA and other relief funds. Worker cooperatives have access to the latest guidance and support through the US Federation of Worker Cooperatives (USFWC) – from relief fund sources to managing the co-op during this time of crisis. Many USFWC resources are available in Spanish, as well.
Regionally, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services offers business and employer guidance such as travel restrictions and what businesses are classified as essential or nonessential. Cooperative Network has Wisconsin and Minnesota Covid-19 resources, such as government updates and select sector-specific resources.
As the situation evolves, we will update this list.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture has developed a Rural Resource Guide which you can access here.
- Emergency funding information through the Small Business Association (SBA) can be found here.
- Assistance in navigating the SBA resources can be found with the National Cooperative Business Association here.
- Additional information aimed at cooperatives is also available through the US Federation of Worker Cooperatives here.
State and Regional:
- Wisconsin businesses and employers can find important updates through the WI Department of Health Services here.
- Wisconsin and Minnesota resources are available through Cooperative Network here.
- Precautions against COVID-19 fraud are detailed with Credit Union National Association (CUNA) here.
- Information for farmers throughout the Midwest from the National Farmers Union is here.
Resources by Sector:
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has designed a guide for resources for rural communities which is available for download. The pdf link is available in this article.
- Information for housing cooperatives is available with NASCO here.
- Resources and information for rural electrical cooperatives can be found with the National Rural Electrical Coop Association (NRECA) here.
- Online information for grocery cooperatives including webinars is available with Food Co-op Initiative here.
- Resources to aid credit unions can be found with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) here.